Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Kids Drink The Darndest Things

I worked late tonight while Monkeydad and the Monkey hung out at my place. Around 6:30, my phone rang...

Monkeydad: Um...you don't have any milk.

Me: Yes I do.

Monkeydad: No, you don't.

Me: You mean the carton is empty? Because it's right there in the fridge...I used it this morning. I'm sure I put it back... It's in the big red carton...?

Monkeydad: (opening the refrigerator) I didn't see any...ohhh...heh. I see it now. Well, he wanted milk and all I saw was this little bottle with the spots on it...so I gave him some of that...

Me: You...what?!? Oh geez...



Monkeydad (sheepishly): ...he really liked it!

4 comments:

towwas said...

The one that says "half and half" on it? Genius, Monkeydad.

MonkeyMom said...

In fairness, the label may have been facing the back at the time... I pointed out that living with a 5 year old generally necessitates keeping more than a half pint of "milk" on hand...

...and also? The carton of actual milk is HEY LOOK I'M OVER HERE BEING ALL BRIGHT RED!

Heh. :)

Unknown said...

Who drinks milk from a cardboard carton? I'd be confused too.

Cheryl said...

Bottle with cow like spots - must be milk. Boy logic.