Friday, October 06, 2006

And Also...


Today is my Blogiversary.

One year ago I made the transition from torturing my friends with massive, random emails to torturing the entire internet with massive, random thoughts. I'd like to call it evolution...but I have no actual evidence to suggest that's the case. It could, in fact, be just the opposite... Meh...I remain optimistic.

It's been a pretty massive year for me: a bit of an emotional roller coaster of my inner life as I've readjusted to being "single"...balanced by the steady incline of joy of this little life with the Monkeyboy. It's been good to have a chronicle of the journey to see where I've been.

(now if only I could get my stoopid crystal ball fixed, I could see where I'm going!!)

Anyway...thanks for reading and commenting. In truth, I'd probably write this just for me...even if no one ever read it (I'm my own biggest fan...I'm also working on this thoery that blogging is the embodiment of 21st century narcissism). But I admit, even a year later, it's still a total rush to get a comment. I'm a big kid that way (heck, I was well into my 20s before I let my mom off the hook at Christmas..."Nooo! don't put all the presents out before I go to bed!!").

What was I talking about? Oh...right. You! Thank you for reading...and commenting...and encouraging me...and putting up with me....and generally making my innaugural blogyear such a fun ride!

And stay tuned! The Monkey returns from MySisterInLaw's wedding tonight and I can't wait to hear his thoughts on this one...

7 comments:

ImpetuousProse said...

It has been a phenomenal first year, and I eagerly await your next amazing post, one by one!! You have made my life better in the telling of yours.

Thank you!!

I can't wait for you to see how amazing you are and how you will continue to evolve.

What a ride...

towwas said...

Yeah...I live for comments, too. Kinda sad, isn't it, the need for validation? And yet there it is.

sarah said...

monkeyman! i once had 'the sheep guy' who was some arb new zealander i picked up along the way who turned out to be called 'Raoul' which is the arbest name for a nzealander ever ;) but it suited him

happy blog-birthday! hip hip hooray!

towwas said...

Also, happy blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary

The bees miss you. ;)

MargieK

grrrbear said...

Congrats! I'll keep readin' if you do!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary, TG!
It's fun keeping up with you and the monkey!
Tee