Monday, April 24, 2006

Free Association (part deux)

Last night was the TOWWAS/Miss S "Les Miserables" singalong party and it was magnificent. The people sang...everybody died...and Mr. K's rendition of "Bring Him Home" left me in shivers of memory (my uncle, who passed about a decade ago, used to sing that song...I'd forgotten how much I miss him...and what an inspiration he was to me growing up). I even managed to pull off a couple of reasonably credible Tenor solos. I can hear the people sing in my chest voice, baby! Yessss!

...and, since randomness goes where I do, we also (with some guidance from Z-Dog and input from THands and Miss S) somehow managed a twisted set of conversational segues from tea bagging to ass pancakes to dominoes...which all wound up being meshed together into a big crater in Inappropriate Land (where G-dog is Queen). It was hilarious. And probably really nerdy, but so be it... I had a blast.

Earlier in the weekend, appropo of absolutely nothing...



Monkey: Look! I'm an X!
Me: Um. Yes. You are. Where did your pants go....?

6 comments:

grrrbear said...

Holy cats, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are still cool with the kids? That's bitchin'!

Or maybe the monkey is a retro hipster in training?

Either way - awesome!

MonkeyMom said...

Oh, not only is it TMNT, but look closer...those are Scooby Doo boxer-briefs.

He's going to redefine "Hip To Be Square"

towwas said...

I completely missed the whole Ass Pancake discussion, and am still confused.

towwas said...

P.S. Seriously, how beautiful is Mr K's voice. Wow. Those were some excellent solos. Miss Shirley and I are casting GENIUSes, I tell you. GENiuses.

Cheryl said...

Oh, by the way - beautiful solos! You rocked that role, and I am so glad you were there!

towwas said...

You did, you did! Enjolras sounds *great* as an alto.