Thursday, June 04, 2009

Crazy Kids

Apparently someone slipped both the Monkey and the dog some kind of upper tonight because they were both unable to stop moving for hours. I took the Monkey to Target with me for a few clutch supplies and he flipped and flopped and wiggled and ran and shook his way through every aisle...feet flopping, body moving, mouth talking...and all I can think is "funny...I don't recall putting an epi of adrenaline in the meatloaf." He finally passed out around 9:40 p.m. after he'd spent every last ounce of energy playing chatty games with his (stuffed) "guys" and rearranging his bed 10,000 times and Mommy, guess what!? until I thought my head would explode...

The dog, who outweighs the Monkey by a solid 10 lbs, has also been in whirling dervish mode tonight. Apparently the walk-n-poo was not enough movement to expend his energy...neither was the big barking romp through the yard to warn off invisible intruders. He just spent the last 20 minutes bounding back and forth across the living room floor, chasing his chew toys...catching them...shaking them around until they were good and dead...then bounding off to do it all over again. Intermittently, he'd run up to me and crouch down with his ears raised....ready to pounce at my slightest movement. Arrrruff!

I had thought about hitting up the treadmill tonight, but I'm way too exhausted from dealing with their energy... Maybe tomorrow night will be my night for the magical adrenaline rush...

No comments: