Wednesday, December 19, 2007

On the 6th day of Christmas...

I prefer to reconcile my checkbook in the mornings. It's nice to start the day knowing that my financial ducks are in a row...and the bills are paid. It keeps me from overspending and gives me that warm fuzzy feeling of solid footing. I'm a big fan of solid footing.

Except when it doesn't.

Like this morning, I logged into my account to discover a $2k withdrawal from ING. Except that I didn't ask ING to withdraw $2k (did I? No...I checked...I didn't.) Which means that Monkeydad accidentally picked the wrong checking account for his withdrawal...and for a brief moment I'm almost, but not quite, destitute... 6 days before Christmas. GACK!

One phone call and a few clicks later, everything is fixed...but whoo-boy-howdy what a way to start the day! It almost makes the coffee unnecessary!

No comments: