Saturday, March 24, 2007

Rollin' Like A Monkey

Remember the Lazy Sunday that the Monkey and I had a few weeks ago? Well, one of the high points of activity for the day was my near-heart attack when I let the Monkey try out the roller skates I got him for Christmas. I spent about a half hour panicked that I didn't know exactly how to get to the nearest ER...visions of arms and legs twisted at wrong angles dancing dangerously around my head.

...and he never left the kitchen.



Now, that's not to say he didn't ask to leave the kitchen. In fact, he begged to leave the kitchen. He wanted to skate outside on our little balcony (wheels + crazy kid + high places = not on your life, munchkin!). He wanted to skate outside on the concrete plaza in the complex (I tried to explain that concrete was much, much harder than linoleum).

But given that he spent so much of his time like this...


...well, my heart just couldn't take it.

I'll get braver as he gets older, right???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Baby steps. Wait until he wants a skateboard and for you to buy him unfiltered cigarettes. "Buuttt Moooooommmmm - none of the other boys have to smoke Camel Lights!!"