Saturday, December 02, 2006

Happy Birthday, Ned!

You remember the Monkey's brother Ned, right? Oh sure you do... Me? I'd nearly forgotten about Ned. He hadn't turned up for awhile and hasn't been quite the topic of conversation that he was last spring. I figured the Monkey had moved on to other things...

Apparently, the onset of the Christmas season has brought back not only fond memories of Ned, but the advent of Ned's birthday. All day long, the Monkey has been after me to make a cake for Ned's birthday. Just a small one....but a cake! We have to have a cake! Then he started worrying that the sun was going to go down before we'd be able to consume the cake (we were running a lot of errands today). I finally convinced him that it would be Ned's birthday until we went to bed.

...then I asked him where Ned was and he kind of shrugged. So I started forming a theory that this was just an elaborate ploy to eat cake.

Nevertheless, we did have a little cake for Ned's birthday (purchased, not made)...and we sang with gusto... It was fun. About mid-way through the cake consumption, I realized that I'd lost track of Ned. I finally found him here...


Sheesh! I hope I don't have to spend my birthday on the floor under the table while everyone else eats cake...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I definitely want some cake under the table with me.