Thursday, February 09, 2006

Rock/Me\Rock

I got a cryptic IM from my friend Ender last night saying that he would be blogging about the cartoon scandal soon...

Today, as I was on the phone with AHa (finally! after months! woohoo!), the din from the helicopter hovering over my house drowned out our conversation...and on the way to pick up the Monkey from school, there were no less than four fire trucks, an ambulance, and a dozen police cars one neighborhood over...

Then tonight, MonkeyDad called from Florida and asked about the "blizzard" that he was hearing rumblings about...wondering if it would impact his flight back into town.

???

...suddenly I feel like I really need to read a newspaper...or watch the news ...or something. Apparently there's a bunch of stuff going on around here...

4 comments:

MonkeyMom said...

I always feel like blogging is a good first step back toward the worded-world... Who knows? Another blog or two and I might be able to actually entertain the notion of reading the Post online...

...no promises though.

Cheryl said...

I keep links to the Post and the NYT in my internet favorites. I don't necessarily read them often, but they are there.

towwas said...

Once I heard a helicopter over my house, and it was close enough that I could read the name of the TV station on the bottom, and I turned it on and discovered a house in my neighborhood had randomly blown up. I don't think they ever figured out why.

Then another time when I heard a helicopter over my house, I turned on the TV and discovered that a truck carrying...rock salt, I think, had overturned a mile away. That one was kind of better, because nobody died.

towwas said...

P.S. I'm glad you've gone all bloggy this week. It's nice to have you back.