Thursday, January 19, 2006

ebb and flow

I'm trying to embrace my inconsistencies.

I'm trying to think of them as individual choices rather than flightiness or some waffling nature. Why, after all, should I have to be absolutely the same all the time? Life is situational...and I should be able to make decisions based on the particulars of the situation without having to impose some absolute value.

It's pretty much only a war within myself. This kind of acceptance goes against my upbringing, I think...those traditional Midwestern values emphasize staunch adherence to principle...black and white...right and wrong...for me or against me. I've never been able to really make peace with that though. The world is so big and there's so many shades of thought and possibility. How can anything be absolute...ever?

So...maybe...for me...it doesn't have to be. Maybe it's ok if I'm not completely predictable...utterly consistent...always anything.

Heh...or maybe it's mostly just frustrating as hell. Who knows? :)




...it's funny, this blog started out in my head as a musing on how I go from being a total work slacker to a powerhouse of productivity.


I'm even inconsistent in blogintent! Whee!! :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I keep thinking of these things I want to blog, and then you blog them and I think wow, I should just put a link to your post. Especially since Monkeyboy appears to be sleeping better than little miss, and your writing is so much more eloquent than mine. Oh well, I guess I really should continue to have a separate identity, even if it does mirrors yours.

BTW, lunch with you and the monkey was fun but way too short.