Friday, December 16, 2005

Oh Ish!

Ok, so how sad is it that it's Friday night and I just now realized that?

I mean, ok, maybe on some level I knew it was Friday because I fly out tomorrow and that's Saturday, so I mean, I knew it was Friday...but I'd completely forgotten about the Friday-night connotation... How Friday night is kind of magical and monumental because it's the start of the weekend...that part where everyone looks forward to Friday night. I totally forgot that part.

And I'm sitting here in comfy duds, totally procrastinating packing for the week-long trip to my parents house and haven't yet acknowledged that it's Friday night!

I should have a beer or something. Just on principle. Because, as it turns out, it's Friday night.

As my Minnesotan friends would say, "Oh ish..."

1 comment:

towwas said...

I think Friday night is the night when I'm like, oh, thank god, I made it through another week, where are my pajamas?

Except for tonight, when it was like, oh yay, it's showtime again, oh, crap, that means I have to find two full hours of energy somewhere inside me.