Thursday, December 29, 2005

Blogthink

Maybe it happens in the life of every blogger...or maybe it's a function (or, ok, peculiarity) of my brain...but since I've started blogging pretty regularly, I find myself in the midst of situations composing the opening lines to blogs about them. We're way beyond "blogworthy," kids...this is full fledged "blogthink." And what's really terrifying? It's becoming automatic. I don't just notice what's going on anymore, I immediately start the story in my head in bloggy narrative. It's really weird.

Maybe it's this urge to chronicle the little things in my life that I want to remember... I've always sort of wanted to capture some of the significant things that happen to me, but I'm *so* lousy at journaling (largely, I suspect, because it takes too long for me to write things out longhand -- typing is so much faster). I used to write long emails to friends with some of the stories, but I couldn't very well blab (blog?) at them every day...so that didn't work either.

But this venue, like Baby Bear's bed, is juuuuust right. Guess I'll keep doing it til some bigger bears come and scare me away...

...no, scratch that. Probably if I got scared by a bigger bear I'd just think of how to blog it too...

No comments: