Saturday, November 19, 2005

Keep This For Later

A phrase showed up in my head last night and I haven't quite dealt with it yet...but I haven't been able to let it go either. So I'm thinking of putting it here to see what it gels into...

The "right" thing never really made me happy...but it also never really made me miserable...so I have no idea if it was really "right."

...and so it goes, this sense of discontentment....the sneaky little suspicion that the thing which might make me truly happy might also cause me enormous pain...and is that a risk worth taking? Is it possible to know one without the other? Is the misery worth the bliss? (and for that matter, is the bliss worth the misery?) Must passion always go hand in hand with volatility? Is the world really so ying/yang?

I always have more questions than answers...

No comments: