Sunday, October 09, 2005

Stricken

I went to see Paul McCartney last night. He had a modest little band -- him, guitar, bass, keyboard, drums...and an enormous video feed. The lead guitarist was this hotshot kid, all rock star and messy black hair...and they were playing Band on the Run, which is a song I know fairly well, but not, necessarily, one I would consider particularly "inspirational," under normal circumstances.

Anyway, so they get to the rocked-out part in the song and the video jumbotron thing is going nuts with close ups...and they focus in on GuitarStud's hands...

Now, maybe it was the altitude sickness (good lord, we had nosebleed seats) or maybe it was the beer or maybe it was certain...erm, absences...in my life of late -- or a combination of the three -- but I was suddenly struck by how this kid played his guitar... His hands...they way they moved...utterly relaxed and gentle in the middle of this searing solo... It was completely erotic....and the only thing I could think was "Wow...now *that's* how a woman should be touched..."

....well, and then I sort of wanted a minute alone.

Completely powerful and completely random....all at the same time. Yeow.

No comments: