Thursday, October 06, 2005

Bastardizing The Bard

To blog, or not to blog: that is the question:
Whether 'tis saner for the mind to suffer
The columns and rows of daily, relentless numbers,
Or to lash out against that left-brain rut,
And by right-expression save it? To create: to write;
What then? and by that writing say I end
The weary soul-cry and thousand scattered ideas
My head is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd.
To create, to write;
To write: perchance to be read: ay, there's the rub.

***

I know...first blogs are supposed to be all introductions and "here's who I am"...but maybe I'll get to that later. Somehow, this game is much more interesting. :) I play it periodically...as much to test my interpretation of Shakespeare as to test my writing (or, ok, bastardization) skills. Sadly, I haven't found another of darling William's speeches that lends itself to that kind of alteration. If anyone has any ideas, pass them along. Or, better still, join in the fun...have your way with Will and let me know how it goes. ;)

No comments: