Friday, February 20, 2009

Vignette

I was at Ross last weekend poking around for steals. I came across a tiny little shelf that seemed to be a near-match to the green in my living room....for $5. I snatched it up with a quickness.


I'm super excited because it's not only a nice match to the decor...but an awesome place to display some of the interesting little things that the Monkey has made.


The Monkey was thrilled with the little shrine. The star is made of that black paper that shows color when you scratch it. The bit of glazed clay in the middle is his "rocksnake" from art class last year (he tells me he's making a bowl this year! Woo!). And the bud vase is the first Mother's Day gift he made for me...when he was *maybe* 2.

Art and memories on a $5 shelf. That's what it's all about.

No comments: