Tuesday, October 09, 2007

UberNerd?

There are two things about me that should be pretty obvious by now:

A. I love Excel.
B. I'm a creature of habit.

A+B = this...


I should probably be disappointed in myself somehow that I didn't take this opportunity to really learn Photoshop...but frankly the goal here was more about figuring out what I needed in the new digs and what I could put where...and not so much about tinkering endlessly with a new piece of software (though, admittedly, it's one I would really enjoy learning).

All the same? I'm kinda proud...

7 comments:

towwas said...

1. Ok, I'm totally impressed. I had no idea excel could do that. You're awesome.
2. You're getting rid of one of the couches? Where am I supposed to nap while we watch movies?? Actually, come to think of it, that couch is big enough - I can share it while sleeping. So, it's ok, you have my approval. (I can hear your sign of relief from here.)

MonkeyMom said...

That's the thing about the Microsloth Family of Products(tm) -- once you know how to use one, you can pretty much use them all!

As for your new napping spot, since I tentatively have the TV planned for the basement, you'll do your movie-napping down there. (the sofa in the diagram is actually the futon that you used to sleep on when you stayed over! It will be so happy to see you again!!) Granted, you may napping be on a beanbag at first, but eventually I'll have a few cheap sofa/futons down there for everyone's flopping pleasure.

Unknown said...

What an adorable little two-dimensional spreadsheet of a house! So cozy!

towwas said...

Ah, basement! Excellent!

So wait, where are the microsloth pair of couches going?

MonkeyMom said...

Heh, that would be microSUEDE :P

...and I'm trading MonkeyDad the pair of couches for the verdigris futon. I'm working toward really open furniture in the upstairs to minimize the visual impact in the small room.

towwas said...

Also, I notice that this floorplan doesn't include any chocolate martinis.

MonkeyMom said...

Sure it does! But it's to scale...they're far too small to see. Trust me! They're in there... :)