Thursday, August 30, 2007

KinderMonkey!

The Monkey started kindergarten on Monday*.


Hrm. No. That doesn't capture it at all. Let me try again...

The Monkey LOVES Kindergarten!!! OH MY HEAVENS LET HIM TELL YOU HOW MUCH HE LOVES KINDERGARTEN, THE GREATEST PLACE IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD WITH THE BEST STUFF AND THE COOLEST PEOPLE AND THE NEATEST THINGS -- AND DID HE MENTION HOW KINDERGARTEN IS SO AMAZINGLY FANTASTICALLY GREAT?!!?!!!? BECAUSE IT SO. TOTALLY. IS!!!!!!!!!!!!


If it weren't for the fact that he's required (by the laws governing bodily functions) to collapse in sleep for 10 hours out of every 24, I'm fairly certain he would still (4 days in, mind you) be telling me -- and everyone within a five mile radius -- how much he LOVES KINDERGARTEN!!!

Despite the fact that my ears are bleeding from the nonstop stories and the fact that he's fairly vibrating with excitement until the moment he passes out every night, I really am thrilled that he's liking it. He's made friends. He's getting perfect behavioral scores. I can guide his behavior in school terms now and he gets it (tonight he started raising his hand to interrupt me -- cool!). I'm thrilled.

Exhausted, mind you...but thrilled.


*Yes. That's right. I put my kid on the school bus on his very first day of school ever. Or, rather, he put himself on the school bus and never looked back. My mom asked me if I followed the bus and I said "uh...why would I do that?" As sentimental as I am, I just couldn't see creating a scene for the dramatic departure. Then again, I'm the mom who brought him home from the hospital and put him in his crib the first night. Maybe I'm not as sentimental as I thought I was...

1 comment:

towwas said...

Heh. Yeah, the bus - they know how to get kids to school. Yay kindergarten!!!