Friday, March 09, 2007

A...what?

You never know what the Monkey's gonna say...and sometimes the matter-of-fact stuff that he comes up with is completely hilarious. Like, how he made Monkeydad put a sign on their door that said "No Frogs Allowed." I asked if there'd been a frog problem, and the Monkey said that you had to be careful about frogs because they're all hoppy and will make the floor slime.

So, clearly, a no-frog rule is probably wise.

This morning, we're getting jackets on and out of nowhere...

Monkey: Mommy, wanna know what I learned that girls have?
Me: What?
Monkey: Uvulas!

...

In the 3 second pause that ensued, my brain went into rapid fire...

I mean, ok, we've talked about the fact that girls don't have penises, but where's he learning such a technical term. Oh wow I don't want to have this conversation with him, not today, not this morning...ok, really, not ever...but...

Wait.

He said... Ohhh....


Me: Actually, honey, everyone has a uvula.

1 comment:

towwas said...

Ha. Yes, when I read this in your e-mail a few minutes ago, I was like, you showed him WHA--? oh.