Sunday, November 12, 2006

Mulligan

Here's a month's worth of Monkey faces and storylettes. It is, unquestionably, a blatant hail mary for missing Saturday's post.

Look! Cute kid!


He got Spongebob pajamas.

Now, I realize that getting Spongebob pajamas is hardly a blogworthy event, but look! They're flannel...and button down...and he looks like a tiny little big-guy (cartoon character notwithstanding). They're ridiculously cute and they look really comfy.

I kinda want Spongebob pajamas.




The Monkey got invited to a Chuck-E-Cheese birthday party. I think it's entirely possible that he's been to a Chuck-E-Cheese birthday party before, but this was my first one.

I have one word for you: overstimulation.

I love this picture of Monkey and Mouse because he looks about as freaked-out as I felt for most of the day. Must...escape...chirpy...music....aaaargh!




This was not the Monkey's Halloween costume. It was, in fact, MonkeyDad's "costume." As he told it, one of the professors upstairs brought in a big box of wigs and stuff and let people come grab things so as to appear festive.

He looked at me and deadpanned, "It was, quite literally, the least I could do."




This, however, is the MysticMonkey...with his MysticMonkeyMuscles (note impressive chest-to-waist ratio). You can probably totally tell anyway, but in case it's not just patently obvious: he's powering up here. He's just finished a dramatic delivery of "Magical source...mystic force!"

Also, you've probably already noticed two faux-pas in this picture (three if you count the fact that he's not wearing his face mask)...but I'll point them out so that you'll know that I know and we can commence with the verbal lashings...

First, the gloves. I'll just say that it's *really* hard to get teensy little 4-year-old fingers into those teensy little fingerholes. Especially when said fingers are attached to the rest of the 4-year-old who's so excited to trick-or-treat that he can't. stand. still. for! another!! second!!! *kapow*

Second...yes. That is, in fact, a Power Rangers SPD battelizer...not, in fact, the Power Rangers Mystic Force magistaff. The magistaff and boot toppers that went with the costume were both misplaced somewhere. We made a last minute substitution. All apologies to the purists among you.

/cute kid.

No comments: