Saturday, February 11, 2006

Curse curse curse

Doh!

Ok, serving jury duty for the City last spring was an exercise in boring (though I did get to read a Glamour magazine...and wow is there just a lot about sex in Glamour!!)... Getting a summons for jury duty in District Court has the markings of something slightly more onerous...partially, I think, because it's for an actual trial...which could actually last eight weeks (as they helpfully point out in the summons)...eep!

Worse though? I'm supposed to report for duty the day I arrive in Greece.... I hope non-refundable tickets are sufficient persuasion for them to reschedule me... That'll be a fun phone call...

The good news though: I managed to get my expedited passport renewal request in the mail yesterday. Procrastination over! Woohoo!

1 comment:

towwas said...

Oh, my gosh, I hope that convinces them. I bought travel insurance for my ticket to Brazil - I never do that, but on a $800-plus ticket, it seemed worthwhile. They only cover cancelling for certain reasons, like serious illness and whatever, and I noticed that one of the reasons was jury duty.