Thursday, December 15, 2005

I Cheat

Not that it matters in any particular way, but I occasionally backdate my blogs. Sometimes a thought occurs to me about something that I want to blog and I don't always have the time or presence of mind to blog it at that very moment, so I sort of store it away until I have a moment to sit and focus on it...

So instead of posting it on the day I write it, I sometimes post it with the date I thought of it. I think that might technically be cheating -- though in my defense I've never actually seen the rule book. So maybe it doesn't count.

Ok...ok...and I also have this thing where generally I sort of think the thing looks better if there's just one blog a day -- otherwise, you don't get that pretty white space in between them...there's just this big string of words and it's harder to tell where one stops and another starts. It's an aesthetic thing. And, probably, a control enthusiast thing. I hear there's a 12stepper starting up after the holidays...

Relatedly, but unrelatedly, I used to have a friend who pronounced "aesthetic" with an extra syllable...something like /ae yus tet ic/...which always made me giggle. (and Krek if you're reading this, you'll know just who I mean... :)

1 comment:

towwas said...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's cheating.